Wednesday 14 September 2016

Introducing the experts…Hannah Murphy

We will be introducing a range of different experts from WIFE throughout WI Sports Week so make sure you check back in regularly to hear more…




What do you? 
My main role is teaching hula hooping to adults and children.  I am also a professional hula hoop performer and perform regularly at events and festivals across the UK and Europe.

How did you get involved? 
I started hula hooping four years ago when I discovered it at a local festival and it quickly became my hobby.

Why is sport and exercise important to you? 
I’m a busy mum with children and exercise gives me lots of energy to keep up with them.  Hula hooping is a great way to get fit and toned and the best thing about it is that it is extremely fun!

How can more women get involved? 
Although hula hoop classes are not yet on offer in every town and city across the UK, they are very much on the rise and luckily it is very easy to do at home or in your garden with your own hoop.  I recommend the lighter dance hoops as opposed to the heavier weighty hoops, these are safer to use and are more effective.  Just 10 minutes of hooping each day (5 minutes in each direction) will improve fitness levels.  Hoops can be purchased from a variety of outlets and I also sell them via Globe Fit.

Website: www.globefit.co.uk
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/DanceYourWayAroundTheGlobe/?fref=ts
Twitter: https://twitter.com/GlobeFitUK

No comments:

Post a Comment